Covid 19 Protocols
The doctors and staff at Uyesugi Dental want to ensure you that your health is our highest priority. Our community has been through so much and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed – one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California Department of Public Health, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions via email. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in our office. Should your symptoms change before your scheduled appointment, please contact our office to reschedule.
- We ask that you wear a mask while you enter and leave our office for your visit.
- All patients will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every patient visit.
- Your temperature will be taken at the beginning of the appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children video games and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. The kids room is closed until further notice.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. We ask when you arrive you for your visit, please stay in your car and let us know you are here. You can respond to the text message that you will be receiving prior to your visit or by contacting our office at 408-279-4337. We will let you know when we are ready for you to come in.
- Before you enter the operatory, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Disposable dental tools and needles are always disposed of and never reused.
- All staff involved in patient care use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eye wear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team disinfects their hands and puts on a new pair of gloves and mask. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We have installed air purification units throughout the office and treatment rooms. They were designed to remove and kill bacteria and viruses suspended in the air. These units have a 4-stage HEPA filter; which utilizes a True HEPA Filter with Antimicrobial Treatment to safely remove 99.995% of airborne particles including pollen, ragweed & other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores & cigarette smoke. The carbon filter removes odors and captures large airborne particles.
- We have added UV light sterilizers for items that cannot be autoclaved or chemically disinfected.
- Any Uyesugi Dental staff member that has any symptoms of a cold or flu are not permitted on the premises and are advised to stay at home for the safety of our patients and other team members.
What we require from our patients:
- If you are sick, running a fever, coughing or not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We are happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge and we thank you for considering the health of others.
- If you are healthy and you come for your regular appointment, please use a tissue when coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water afterwards. Using hand sanitizer of 60% alcohol concentration is also acceptable for washing hands. We offer hand sanitizer at the front desk and in every operatory!
- If you have traveled to any areas outside of U.S. within two weeks of your scheduled appointment, please contact our office and reschedule. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html)
We are here to serve our patients, and our highest priority is to keep our community safe and healthy. We can assure you that Uyesugi Dental is one of the safest places to be during this time, and having the proper dental treatment is one way to make your body healthier. Having untreated dental or oral infections in your mouth can negatively affect your immune system!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (408) 279 – 4337 or email us at [email protected]